Thursday, August 12, 2010

FashionFashionFashion

http://www.little-sister.co.uk/?paged=3


Thanks to dazeddigital.com I have layed my hands upon these...




Marie Hill

MARIE HILL BA2009
Marie Hill - Womenswear
Describe your graduate collection.
It’s about power women. It’s about the aim for physical perfection and luxurious self indulgence. Basically modern decadence!
What films/books/tv-programs/moments and stories inspired your designs?
I looked very much at Helmet Newton and the whole 80s’ era of power women and their aims of physical perfection.
Describe the moment you realised you wanted to be a fashion designer?
I’ve just always wanted to be one, growing up making making dresses for my sister and myself.
Who is your all time fashion idol?
Not really!
What new designers do you respect?
Marios Schwab, Mark Fast, Christopher Kane – the CSM lot!
If you could go back in time and experience any fashion moment, what would it be?
I would like to have seen old
Thierry Mugler stuff when it was happening or Gianne Versace when he was there.
If you weren’t a fashion designer who would you be?
I’d probably be a hardcore critic on aesthetics.





Dean Quinn
Dean Quinn - Womenswear
Describe your graduate collection.
I worked for ThreeAsFour in New York and they find it hard to make it commercially and then coming back to London, it's also really hard to be commercial because people make such crazy things but they don't care. For me I wanted it to be a mix of both and create clothes that women would wear as opposed to a studenty collection.

What films/books/tv-programs/moments and stories inspired your designs?
The whole collection was inspired by Bladerunner, film noire-esque shadows coming through the window. Like in Bernardo Bertolucci's film The Confirmist where the light shines in through the window onto the body so the beads on the pieces are like the shadows created by the light.

Who is your all time fashion idol?
It changes all the time! I love the way Madonna dressed in the 90s in Tom Ford's clothes. Phoebe Philo's stuff for Chloe - I love the way she did amazing investment pieces for women.

What new designers do you respect?
I love Roksanda Ilincic as a person. My style is so different from hers but the way she dresses and her being, is the kind of woman I want to dress. She's doing couture type finishings in London, which is so hard.

If you could go back in time and experience any fashion moment, what would it be?
When Tom Ford became the biggest designer in the world.

Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
I'd like to work for a major house like Christian Dior, where they have the embroidery people, the design people, the dyeing people and you have all these groups that can make something together in a day.

If you weren’t a fashion designer who would you be?
I'd probably be a English teacher!  No not really, I'd be a filmmaker because my second love is film.





Eun Kyung Kim




Eun Kyung Kim - Womenswear
Describe your graduate collection.
While working on this collection, I tried to translate songs into garments by repeating pleats. It’s young, fun and a little bit kitschy. Old-fashioned methods of pleating have also been an inspiration, and I looked at some work of Issey Miyake and Madeleine Vionnet.

What films / books/ tv programmes / moments inspired your designs?
I’m very inspired by music and songs such as “The Summer Song” by Yach or Gossip’s “YR Mangled Heart”.

Describe the moment you realized you wanted to be a fashion designer?
I was 15 and just saw my first fashion show.

What designers do you respect?
Alber Elbaz, Dries Van Noten and Marc Jacobs.

Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
Having my own label stocked in Harrods!

If you weren’t a fashion designer who would you be?
A photographer like Cindy Sherman.







Luke Brooks


Luke Brooks - Fashion Knitwear
Describe your graduate collection.
I was in Paris and I started reading about Jerusalem’s Syndrome, where people go on pilgrimage package tours and some of them get so overwhelmed by being there and they get this religious feeling and it turns into a psychosis.
There’s a whole list of syndromes like taking their bedsheets, going out looking biblical and preaching.
I found that really lovely and it’s complicated because they call it a syndrome but who are we to say they’re not having a wonderful time.

Describe the moment you realised you wanted to be a fashion designer?
On the foundation course, I tried fashion out and it was good so I carried on.

Who is your all time fashion idol?
I think a lot about Mariano Fortuny – that sort of artisanal designer.

If you could go back in time and experience any fashion moment, what would it be?
It would probably be weaving in Celtic times because my grandma is Irish and it’s in the blood. Or ancient Africa.

Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
I was telling myself that I would be a freelance knitwear designer but going through the process of this collection, it made me feel like I could be at the helm of my own thing which I was shying away from.
I’d also really like to set up a monastery that was focused on creating knitwear.

If you weren’t a fashion designer who would you be?
Maybe a monk? I fantasise a lot about being a housewife, cooking and cleaning but to a higher level. 







Ana Canadas






































Johanne Andersen

Johanne Andersen

"Living in a magpie’s nest. Speckled eggs and feathers, the magpie’s black eye, collecting strange things and shiny stuff. Fake jewellery, bolts, watches, a silver spoon, metal pieces, an old worn denim jacket, keys and candy sticks develop into prints, shapes and heavy beading. The collection takes inspiration from the universe inside and around a magpie’s nest."






















Dulcie Wanless




Hermes SS2009




Lefran Ferant AW2010




Jill Sander Spring 2009

FRINGE



Capes and Cloaks
Issa London Fall 2010
Issa London Fall 2010
Issa London Fall 2010






































No comments:

Post a Comment