Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 6 Branding Collateral Development

Week 6
Logo Development



This Logo is bold and recognisable from afar. I feel that the simplicity and strong lines provide iconography that could potentially stand the test of time.
Amy had a look and thought it was a bit safe. She said to definitely use the text in there somewhere and look at tweaking the symbol within the logo.

The other logotypes I had worked on had more of a hand drawn feel. They are a bit more expressive. This first one had two blocked in areas that stand out. Amy said to look at something like this, also maybe a clean circle shape that is easy recognisable to the eye.

This one is not bold enough.

This one gets lost from a far.



I then worked with the first hand drawn design and refined the lines and kept the bounding in a perfect circle. The name would then be placed in here.



I used the clipping mask and pathfinder shape tool to get a gap in the middle




Because my label is marketed at a male and female target market, I showed this logo to some males who gave me feedback explaining that they felt it was a bit feminine. I showed them the previous designs and they all said that the first square one was more masculine and they would be more comfortable to wear it as a guy. They would wear it prouder and not feel like they were wearing a girls brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment